Book Reviews, Crafting, Recipes ~ Anything and Everything in between.

Friday, January 28, 2011

A Dangerous Fortune

Title:        A Dangerous Fortune
Author:    Ken Follett
Finished: January 24, 2011
Edition :  ebook

SUMMARY

A Dangerous Fortune is set in the late 19th century and the story revolves around the Pillaster's, a prominent banking family in England.  The story beginnings at an English school where two young Pillaster boys attend when a tragedy occurs. This tragedy sends the Pillaster boys Hugh and Edward, their friends, acquaintances and family down a spiraling road of love, hate, lust, intrigue, blackmail and drama.


MY THOUGHTS

This book was my introduction to Ken Follett.  I've had Pillars of the Earth on my to be read list for a long time, but never seemed to get around to reading it.  My husband and I watched the mini series over our Christmas vacation and really enjoyed it.  I felt it was too soon to read the book so I looked for another one, A Dangerous Fortune is what I chose.

I had mixed feelings about this book, maybe it was my mood.  On the front cover it states that this book is a page turner. It was a slow paced, drawn out book. 

I rate this book 2.5/5

Signing off till next time.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment