Book Reviews, Crafting, Recipes ~ Anything and Everything in between.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I’m very leery of reading in the young adult genre, due to the usual, overly fluffy topics, or the ever presence of vampires, werewolves, angels and other unworldly beings, yes I've read my share of these, I’ll be fair, but please, no more.

I waited until release date to make my purchase, to be certain no supernatural beings were involved. Nope definitely not, what we have here is a well written story about very mature teenagers dealing with a serious topic…CANCER.

Having known many adults, throughout my life who have battled this disease, some of whom have survived and others sadly not, I can’t possibly imagine the fear a parent must feel finding out their child has cancer, watching them deal with pain, knowing they cannot erase what their child is living through. What of that child? All that they have gone through? Growing up in pain, surgeries, treatments, in some cases nearing death, only to fight their way back but never truly being cancer free, living daily knowing that death is inevitable. Having considered these things I do not find it too far fetched to have characters in a novel older than their years.

I really like this book and definitely feel it deserves the four stars I’ve given it. I was thoroughly wrapped up in the emotion of this book; I laughed and cried then laughed and cried some more.

Would I re-read this book? Yes. Would I recommend this book to other readers? Most definitely.

Till next time ....
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment