Book Reviews, Crafting, Recipes ~ Anything and Everything in between.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Catching Fire

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire
by Suzanne Collins
E-book
Finished April 26, 2011
2nd book in trilogy




From the Publisher

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge

My Thoughts

"The Capitol is angry.  The Capitol wants revenge."

And revenge is exactly what the Capitol dished out.  I did not expect the story to go as it did.  Fabulous, really didn't think that I would be as interested in this book as I was with The Hunger Games.  Suzanne Collins has done a fabulous job so far.

I started the third book immediately, looking forward to the movie version of this series.

Definitely a must read. I've recommended these books a few times. My husband read them first and I was hard pressed to get his full undivided attention until he was finished.

Signing off till next time.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really good.

    I'm still making AtoZ rounds. :-O Nice bumping into you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    I loved this book, although Mockingjay was by far my favorite. Great review.

    My name is Shanae and I just took over the 400 Fitness Challenge for Ellie. I am excited to get to know you. I am looking forward to having you check in with your miles. Don't worry ... you have until next Friday to check in for this week.

    I am changing things just a little. It is always easier to stay motivated if you know you have a supportive group behind you. I would like to turn this Fitness Challenge into a supportive group to help people stay motivated, so I am going to do what G-man does for writers on his Flash 55 blog posts. I will post my miles and a fitness question on Saturdays. Please write a post answering the fitness challenge question or let us know how your week went and then leave me a comment so I know you are ready for a visit. I will visit everyone who leaves me a comment. You can also visit as many other participants as you can.

    Click here to let me hear from you.

    Cheers,
    Shanae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your review and the idea that it is so visual that you'd like to see it as a movie.
    Mike

    on twitter @mikedtheauthor

    ReplyDelete