Book Reviews, Crafting, Recipes ~ Anything and Everything in between.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Chai Lattes


Chai Lattes from Starbucks are my favourite, but Starbucks is very expensive and definitely not on the route when it's time for the Timmy's run at work. Tim Horton's is to the north and Starbucks to the south.


I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands, there had to be a cheaper way to enjoy my favourite drink.


Here's my recipe for Chai Latte.





1 cup water
2 bags of black tea
2 three inch cinnamon sticks
3 teaspoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1/4 teaspoons of ground ginger
1/4 teaspoons of ground cardamom
milk
2 mugs
battery operated wisk


In a saucepan combine water, tea bags and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags and cinnamon sticks. Stir in sugar, vanilla, ginger and cardamom into tea. Warm over medium heat.

Warm half mug mug of milk in microwave, approximately 2 minutes. Foam milk with battery operated wisk.

Fill other mug with tea half way then fill mug to top with milk placing foam on top.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is my favourite tea. I am going to have to get to the grocery store and make this today. Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete